The Anglican Parish of the Bellarine is located on the north-eastern part of the Bellarine Peninsula and includes the churches of
  • St James', located at 45-55 Collins St, Drysdale
  • St John's, located at 11-15 Brown St, Portarlington
  • St Paul's, located at 10-12 Dudley Parade, St Leonards 

    (See the Google Maps links below)

We acknowledge the Wathaurong people as the traditional custodians of this land, and pay respect to Elders, past and present.

The parish is part of the Anglican Diocese of Melbourne, and the Archdeaconry of Geelong.

Our Vicar, since 2010, is Revd Robert Myers.


The parish mission statement 
‘called to know and worship Christ, love and care for one another, and serve the community in God’s name’ helps provide direction for worship, mission and service. This website was created to provide news and information about parish life. 


NEWS

Work began on the repair of the slate roofing at the heritage listed St James' Church, Drysdale on Monday 11th September, and has recently been completed.  St James is one of the oldest surviving buildings in Drysdale, opened in 1872.

The Annual Parish meeting was held at St Paul's on 27th November 2017. Congratulations to the incoming Church wardens: Pat Whitford, Joe Sang, and Heather Walley, and Parish Councillors: Noelline Anderson, Jane Bateman, Roger Colvin, Pamela Ferrar, John McInnes, Christine Sheahan, Helen Steogen, Alan Wilson, and another yet to be appointed. The two elected lay representatives to the Parish Incumbency Committee are: Noel Schofield, and Jennie Tonzing. Brian Knights has again agreed to be the parish Independent Financial Examiner.

Grateful thanks to the retiring officebearers: Andrea Dart, Judy Godfrey, John Marks, Jenny Myers, and Andrew Trott.


MAPS (click on the google map links below)
St James', Drysdale                           
St John's, Portarlington